Be of Good Heart
Be of Good Heart is a community outreach program designed to raise awareness, educate and screen 2,000 people living in central Milwaukee for diabetes and hypertension.
- Heart disease is the number one killer of men and women in the United States – more than all cancers combined.
- Chronic disease like diabetes and hypertension (high blood pressure) are major contributors to heart disease.
- Among African-Americans, more than 40% of diabetes and 25% of hypertension cases are undiagnosed.
The Be of Good Heart program will reduce this health disparity in the African-American community by:
- Identifying those who have, or are most at risk for diabetes and hypertension
- Providing more than 2,000 FREE diabetes and hypertension screenings
- Educating the community about these diseases
- Providing health coaching to manage these conditions
- Helping connect people to primary medical care
Be of Good Heart health screenings are currently available at the following Ascension locations:
Ascension Ebenezer Health Resource Center
3132 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Dr. Milwaukee, WI 53212
Wednesdays & Thursdays – 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
(Located on the level of Ebenezer Church of God in Christ)
Ascension St. Joseph’s Hospital
5000 W. Chambers Street Milwaukee, WI 53210
Wednesdays – 9:00 am to 4:00 p.m. Conference